Day 1 – It is easy to forget all that God is doing for us, especially the little things in life: coffee with a friend, a good book that we’re reading, an extra-tasty meal. That’s not to mention all the bigger issues in life. Think of something from yesterday that you are thankful for. Give thanks for 1 minute.
- Pray specifically for what it is you are thankful for (what happened?)
- Why are you thankful for it?
- Who was with you or involved in the situation?
- When did it happen (time of day)?
Day 2 – John wrote that if we say we have not sinned, we are liars and the truth is not in us. Jesus said that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Think of one thing from yesterday (or before) that needs to be confessed and spend 1 minute praying a prayer of confession.
- Who did you sin against?
- With whom (if anyone) did you sin?
- When and where was the sin committed?
- Why did you sin?
- What promise of God did you not trust?