Here is a quick top 10 list of the most hideous Christmas songs I know (only number 1 is non-changeable, the others can be changed to whatever number. Number 1 is the worst!):
10. Christmas Time is Here (the one from A Charlie Brown Christmas). It’s so depressing!
9. Happy Xmas (War is Over) by John Lennon. aka: So This is Christmas
8. Do They Know It’s Christmas by Band Aid. This is the one that states the obvious: there won’t be snow in Africa this Christmas.
7. Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt. I just loathe this one.
6. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer by Elmo and Patsy. This one however is so bad it’s good. It’s a love-hate relationship.
5. Ave Maria – first its just boring, but more importantly, Christmas is about Jesus, not Mary.
4. Dominick the Donkey by Lou Montey
3. Little Saint Nick by The Beach Boys.
2. Last Christmas by Wham
1. Christmas Shoes by Newsong. I am not a fan of any song that’s sole purpose is the be sad.
Am I right or am I right about number 1? What are your all time worst Christmas songs? Leave me a comment below. And by the way, you’re welcome for me not putting out the videos to these horrible songs.