Back in the day (early-mid 90s) I listened to country music. I stopped listening somewhere around ’98 as I was not liking where country music was headed. Is there even country music anymore? Anyway, here are my top 10 favorite country music songs (you’ll see a lot of Garth Brooks and Collin Raye).
10. The Thunder Rolls (Garth Brooks)
9. What Might Have Been (Little Texas)
8. Time Machine (Collin Raye)
7. One Boy, One Girl (Collin Raye)
6. Don’t Take the Girl (Tim McGraw)
5. Friends in Low Places (Garth Brooks)
4. Standing Outside the Fire (Garth Brooks)
3. I Think About You (Collin Raye)
2. Foolish Pride (Travis Tritt)
A top 10 list of favorite country songs just isn’t enough, so here are some runners up: if there were any (pre-’98) hits by George Strait, Garth Brooks, Collin Raye, Faith Hill, or Clay Walker, I probably really liked the song. So those are all runners up, but that being said: Tell Me I Was Dreaming (Travis Tritt), That’s as Close as I’ll Get to Lovin’ You (Aaron Tippin), and Little Houses (Doug Stone) are my official runners up.
How about you? Are you a country music fan? Got some favorites? Let me know.